It is difficult to define a hemorrhoid, but the nearest definition would be “masses or clumps of tissue/cushions within the anal canal that contain blood vessels and the surrounding, supporting tissue made up of muscle and elastic fibers.” Hemorrhoids are not an abnormal condition in themselves. It is only when the hemorrhoidal cushions enlarge that they become a problem and require treatment. But hemorrhoid relief is possible and the first step towards treatment begins with understanding the condition itself.
There are two kinds of hemorrhoids, classified on the basis of where they are located – internal and external hemorrhoids. As the name suggests, internal hemorrhoids are located inside the anal canal and external hemorrhoids are found near the anal opening.
As a rule, internal hemorrhoids aren’t much of a problem and many people can go on for several years before they realize they have internal hemorrhoids. External hemorrhoids, on the other hand can be quite painful, and the condition is aggravated each time you pass stool. If the external hemroid hasn’t started bleeding as yet, you can resort to various home treatments that can provide natural hemorrhoid relief and alleviate the pain.
Warm Baths & Sitz Baths
A warm soak is considered a great way to reduce the symptomatic pain of hemorrhoids. Soak yourself in warm water three to four times a day and you will soon feel a difference. An alternative to using the tub is to buy yourself a sitz bath where you are only required to soak your bottom. A lot of people find this to be a more convenient option than getting into the regular bath four to five times a day. Pharmacies carry sitz baths in all shapes and sizes and you can pick out the one that suits you the best. Have a sitz bath three to four times a day and each bath should last for ten to fifteen minutes for maximum benefit.
Warm and Cold Compress
Warm and cold compress are known to be a great remedy for hemorrhoid pain relief. And it can be done quite easily too. All you have to do is put some ice in a plastic bag and place the ice bag to the inflamed area for ten minutes at a time, every couple of hours or so. Once you are done with the cold compress, apply a hot compress to the area for further relief from pain.
Some More Tips for Hemroids Relief
- Replace your rough toilet paper with wet wipes (the kinds you use on babies). Make sure they are scent free and alcohol free.
- You can also get some over-the-counter creams and suppositories from the local pharmacy. They may not help to get rid of hemorrhoids but they do have painkillers that provide temporary relief.
- Before passing stools stool, you can use lubricating agents like petroleum jelly that will help in the easy passage of stool through the affected area. If you are uncomfortable using your fingers, use cotton swab to apply the jelly.
- When choosing underwear, go in for a fabric that is soft and allows your skin to breathe. Do not wear tight underwear. They will only aggravate the problem.
- Witch hazel is considered to be really effective in countering the symptoms of hemorrhoids, by causing them to shrink. Use a cotton ball to apply the witch hazel around the rectum and on the external hemorrhoids.
As you can see, hemorrhoid relief is possible, if you follow some of the tips mentioned above. However, do keep in mind that these only provide temporary relief from the symptoms of the condition and do not focus on the root cause of the problem. For long term cure, you will have to look at other alternatives.
- Hemorrhoids are very common (much more than you think)
- People over the age of 50 are more likely to develop this condition. In fact, it is estimated that more than half the US population over the age of 50 suffers from this malady.
- Of this percentage, only a small number of people choose to go in for medical treatment
Do you really want to be stuck with this condition as long as you live? Do you want to dance to its horrible tune and give up all hopes for a normal life? If not, it's time to take some decisive action and turned towards H-Miracle.
Made by a fellow sufferer, Holly Haden, H-Miracle is a revolutionary system that has banished hemroids from the life of thousands of people. Holly Haden will make your life easier by sharing all the things she learned on her journey to complete recovery.
Best Hemorrhoid Treatment| H Miracle Review | Venapro Review